bf

Thursday 22 November 2012

Bangkok Accomodation reviews: Holiday Inn Express, Lud d, Pathuwan Princess hotel and hostel

I tried out the newly opened Holiday Inn express located less than 5 minutes away from the national stadium BTS station. A few minutes walk from Lud b.
Lub b can be seen from the station so just walk down the stairs and walk towards lud b and a few more buildings down is the holiday inn express.
National Stadium station is located 10-15 minutes from Chinatown and is just a station from Siam Square.
I usually walk home after shopping at the street market outside siam square.
Holiday Inn Express room. The room is spacious.
There are at least 3 universal charging socket so there is not a need for travel adaptor.
Two kind of pillows available, firm and soft.
There is no bathtub but the only bad thing is the shower water and temperature is hard to control. The water flow is pathetic and the temperature is hard to control.
Ample lightings around the room too.
Will stay here again as the price is almost same as lud b but much cheaper than pathuwan princess.
However, there are so many upcoming hotels. I will be tempted to try them out.
The reception. There are 3 lifts that go can very fast speed.
Two computers for use.
Free wifi is available but for two devices only.
Breakfast.
There is slight variation for the cooked food. Bread, pastries, fruits and fruit juices are available.
The plus point is the bread and coffee can be packed to be eaten in your room or while walking to the train station

  
I stayed on 21st floor. The view from my room
Night view from my room


The building

The housekeeping was extremely neat. She placed my items neatly and even folded my clothes and arranged them nicely.

The lobby and corridor.
They have vending machines for people who need a midnight snacks.
A trolley and also bellboy (security guards) who will helped you call for taxi and carry your luggage.

The view from the entrance of holiday inn express.


Girls Hostel




Lud b is more of a hostel. I book a bed at the dormitory and also a ensuite room.
Free wifi but limited to 1 per pax. 
I don't really like the staff, i asked the staff for help to make a phone call to book a massage. The person said they can't do that for me. I asked for the cost of using the public phone and he told be something like 20baht.
You expect me to pay like s$0.80 for a local phone call at a public phone. They were not very friendly to me and my friends. 
There is no lifts.
The ensuite room has two small cubicles, one for bathing and one for toilet business.
The sink is outside of the two cubicles,  the water will spill out at times and the room is a bit small.
Their  concept is interesting with facilities like movie room, washing machines and cute slogans but holiday inn express is more value for money as they provide breakfast.

PAthuwan Princess. Welcome drink and big and nice reception. The lift is much slower than Holiday Inn express.


The room. Spacious and clean.
With a bathtub. Power water supply and easy to control temperature.
I did not booked the package with breakfast as it will cost $20+ more, decide to just find my own breakfast as the room is already quite ex.
The toilet with the see through window but no worries, there is curtain.
Quite like the brightly lighted room as I don't like dark rooms.

No comments: